Cloud software development is continuously changing and improved throughout the years. Interaction between technology and humans increases accessibility, reduces complexity, and provides higher value. Instead of developing and deploying a physical tool, an organization can complete the whole process in a web browser. Staying away from cloud technology is impossible in this modern era of technology. So what and why cloud software development? Here is a guideline for cloud software development.
Cloud computing is a modern technology where all the work is hosted and completed. In this process, organizations do not need to use internal setup, hardware, or physical infrastructure. As businesses are now focusing on remote work, organizations use cloud computing on a large scale. Thus they are saving equipment and space costs.
Types of Cloud Technology
Businesses can use three types of cloud technologies including:
1. Software-as-a-service: SaaS utilizes the internet to deliver the required services. Users can run applications straight from the web browser using Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.
2. Platform-as-a-service: PaaS is complex but an easy solution for building software. Azure, AWS, Google App Engine, etc., are examples of PaaS.
3. Infrastructure-as-a-service: IaaS includes computing resources like network, storage, servers, etc. A famous example of IaaS includes Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Service
Cloud Deployment Model
Deployment is an inseparable part of the cloud software development lifecycle. Developers need to choose a suitable model to get the result.
In the public cloud model, multiple users can get access simultaneously. Though it is scalable, flexible, and easy to maintain, customizing the service to a greater extent is impossible. As the public can access it at any time, it is a less secure model.
Unlike the public cloud, the private cloud is not accessible by the public. The company can customize its services. It is a more secure model. The company can use it to meet specific needs.
The combination of public and private cloud is called hybrid cloud. Organizations can use the public cloud for less risky resources and the private cloud for more dangerous and sensitive resources.
Benefits of Cloud Software Development
· Cloud is a cost-effective solution. Using the pay-as-you-go model, organizations can reduce their cost of storing and deploying resources. Companies can also avoid maintenance and operating costs and infrastructure investment.
· Cloud is easy to use. Just one click, and users start getting benefits from the resources. Thus it saves both time and money for the users.
· Time and cost-saving methods lead the organization to better performance and high scalability. Businesses do not require additional servers.
Cloud software development processes and technologies have taken the software development process to the next level. Organizations can choose the best model suited for their organization. Cloud software development is the most accessible, scalable, and flexible solution for businesses, today.