Cloud adoption allows the organization to meet rising demands and enhance performance and progress. Ensuring the functions of the cloud center of excellence (CCoE) are working correctly means delivering excellent business value. Adopting cloud improves not only business agility but also customer relationships. To measure the success of cloud adoption, organizations can use different types of cloud metrics. This blog explores other cloud metrics and their benefits.
To ensure, teams practice the right way of cloud adoption and get the expected results and benefits, organizations need to choose the right metrics. The CCoEs are responsible for selecting the metrics suited most to the organization’s functions.
Why Measure Cloud Success with Metrics
Teams need to monitor the cloud metrics to get a better result continuously. Teams can understand the lacking and ways of improvement.
· Improves business agility and ROI.
· Enhance the user experience.
· Reduce cost and increase profit.
· Free up resources and generate more business value.
· Improve the automation process.
Most used Cloud Metrics
Cloud metrics allow organizations to measure cloud adoption success consistently. It measures progress, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, and ways to deliver actual values. Here are the most common cloud metrics to consider:
Customer metrics identify the true business value of the business. Teams can measure the quality and costs. It also measures application latency, operational integrity, and effectiveness of the products and business decisions.
The benefits of customer’s metrics are
· Enhance the quality and reliability.
· Build cloud-native applications.
· Improve the efficiency of business alignment.
· Ensure faster response and reduce downtime.
Financial Cloud Metrics
Financial cloud metrics identify the cost of resources and provide solutions. Organizations can reuse many assets. Metrics ensures maximizing the use of IT resources, infrastructure, and applications.
Financial cloud metrics is helpful because it
· Ensures resource utilization to the fullest.
· Reduces cost and improves ROI.
· Removes investment duplication
· Creates a positive impact by reusing the infrastructure and applications.
Process metrics focus on resource optimization, risk mitigation, and delivery model improvement. Organizations can find the percentage of cost-optimization and policies in a compliant state. Teams can pre-determine the demand in peak hours.
Process metrics help the organization to
· Take decisions to scale and meet the demand of peak hours.
· Utilize automation for better resource optimization.
· Measure and avoid potential risks.
· Rapidly reduce deployment time.
Cloud metrics allow organizations to smoothly adopt cloud, measure progress and values, and reduce complexity. It ensures the effectiveness and agility of cloud implementation and the organization’s overall improvement.