IoT cloud platforms enhance the ability of IoT by bringing their devices together and delivering end-to-end services. Modern devices are connected to the internet. Thus the potential of big data is increasing. IoT devices are associated with the cloud via multiple sensors and gateways. There are various options for the IoT cloud. Each has different capabilities. Organizations can choose one or various platforms depending on their needs.
1. Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
Does the business or user focus on profitability and productivity? Microsoft Azure is both profitable and productive. Users can get multiple services in one place. Owners can transform their businesses by analyzing untapped data. Teams can also collect, analyze, and act on new data in a short time.
· It is easy to register a device.
· Uses dashboards to visualize the process.
· Users can stream in real-time.
· Integration with SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, etc., is easier.
Microsoft Azure platform provides an option of third-party services. It is highly available, secure, and scalable.
2. Google Cloud IoT Platform
The most popular cloud IoT platform is Google. It offers an end-to-end platform. Users can easily connect, store, and manage IoT data from anywhere, anytime. It follows a per-minute basis pricing model, which is cheaper than any other platform.
· Google provides a huge storage solution.
· Low maintenance cost.
· This platform is secured, intelligent, and auto responsive.
· Efficient in analyzing big data.
Google ensures the fastest input/output by reducing the access time. Users can easily integrate the data with other Google services.
3. IBM Watson IoT Platform
Bluemix and hybrid cloud PaaS have created an IBM Watson IoT cloud platform. The IBM Watson platform is one of the most powerful platforms for IoT. It provides a sample app so that beginners can try and learn how it works.
· IBM Watson is a secure platform.
· Users can store and exchange data in real-time.
· It maintains a cognitive system.
· It focuses on adding new features like data sensors, weather data services, etc.
Organizations working with huge quantities of data can use the IBM platform. It also focuses on improving customer services.
4. Amazon Web Services IoT Platform
Want an easier way to collect data from sensors and devices? Use AWS IoT platform. Users can easily collect data, store and analyze to manage internet-connected devices. It also provides an offline interaction option.
· It allows users to manage the devices.
· It works as a secure gateway for devices.
· Encryption system to ensure security.
· Better integration system.
Its price is dropping every year, making it more accessible to users. It’s a flexible platform.
5. Thingworx 8 IoT Platform
Thingworx is now very popular in industrial companies. It’s easy to connect with devices around the world. It was designed and introduced by PTC. It focuses on developing the industrial app development process.
· It removes complexity.
· It integrates with automation and machine learning.
· Remote workers can use this platform.
· Connecting with electronic devices is more accessible than other platforms.
Thingworx provides a better, faster, and easier platform to build and deploy apps.
6. Salesforce IoT Cloud Platform
The Salesforce IoT Cloud platform focuses on improving customer services. This platform auto gathers data from connected devices, websites, and applications. Thus users can get real-time responses. Salesforce was built and introduced by Salesforce Thunder.
· It focuses on improving customer engagement.
· It enhances the data collection and storage process.
· Users can take real-time actions.
Salesforce uses and utilizes UI designs to connect with users. It can scale more than a billion devices and messages in a short time.
IoT cloud platform features like network management, device management, analysis and visualization, storage, integration, etc., have enhanced the users’ experiences. The different platforms provide different features and benefits. Organizations can use one or multiple platforms to enhance the experience.