Cloud- a time and cost-effective storage solution for businesses. In this pandemic situation, it has become a necessity for businesses for remote communication and sharing information. However, in many cases, businesses face some unavoidable reason that they have to adopt multi-cloud. Although multi-cloud doesn’t always work as intended, it can sometimes be expensive. Users need to understand and decide, depending on the situation, whether to use it or not. So, how do you learn? Check this post out!
· What is multi-cloud?
· When do businesses need to use a multi-cloud strategy?
· When using multi-cloud, is it a bad idea?
· How to succeed?
What is Multi-Cloud?
Using two or more cloud computing services from different cloud vendors is multi-cloud. Users can use only private, or only public cloud, or both of them. The primary purpose of using a multi-cloud environment is to reduce costs, minimize risks, and reduce downtime.
When do Businesses need to Use Multi-cloud Strategy?
There are many cases when businesses are bound to use multi-cloud. These are called legitimate reasons for using multi-cloud.
- Usually, a company that merges with another company uses multi-cloud. Overnight transforming data from one cloud to another cloud is impossible. In this situation, users can use multi-cloud to save time and cost.
- Sometimes, teams need multiple jurisdictions. But a single cloud service provider cannot give all the facilities. In this case, users need to hire multi-cloud to run the operations smoothly.
What are some situations in which multi-cloud is an undesirable option?
When Using Multi-Cloud is a Bad Idea?
There are some less critical or unnecessary situations where businesses can avoid using it in these situations:
· When users of private clouds suddenly need extra storage capacity, they use the public cloud.
· Some businesses prefer using multi-cloud to avoid sudden loss of information.
· Many users prefer to have freedom. They use multi-cloud.
These situations are avoidable, and using multi-cloud is a waste of money. But the main thing users need to focus on is getting success.
How to Get Succeed in Multi-Cloud?
Using multi-cloud is complex. The following steps can help to get success:
1. Cloud Management Platform
Users need to set a cloud management platform from where they can manage and monitor the whole environment. Obscure service X is such a platform.
2. Repeatable and Predictable Processes
Teams need to focus on standardizing the workflows to adjust for each environment. Tools like Terraform and Ansible are fit for standardization.
Kubernetes helps to move the workloads around the infrastructure layer smoothly. They can also adopt microservices to deal with the increasing complexity of managing Kubernetes.
A company that chooses to use a multi-cloud solution needs to analyze the needs and be realistic about its use. When businesses wish to use multiple clouds, they must select the right tools and platforms to reduce costs and achieve success.