There are three types of cloud migration model. Businesses can choose any of these according to the size, cost, and necessities.
1.IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) Cloud Migration: IaaS migration takes a longer time. All the data are moved to a dedicated cloud from a local server. As the data dependencies and application functionality is involved or complex, it is undertaken by skilled developers. The foundation of cloud computing is IaaS.
2.PaaS (Platform as a Service) Cloud Migration: PaaS is less complicated than IaaS. This system assumes that the owner does not have the technical ability to complete the process. So its primary concern is to make it easier for users. This system works through a browser-based UI/portal. Moderate technical expertise can efficiently complete migration with PaaS.
3.SaaS (Software as a Service) Cloud Migration: SaaS system takes time to complete as it has different phases. At first, the setting of the basic structure of the application is completed. The supporting components and applications are moved to the server from the local hosting if everything works correctly. It needs vendor support. The customer requires a license to use this. SaaS is the most cost-effective.
Benefits of Cloud Migration
Cloud migration includes some costs. But when a business completes the moving process, it enjoys many benefits, including cost reductions. The followings are the benefits that a company can get by cloud migration:
1. Cost-effective: Cloud migration is cost-effective. The business has to pay only for the storage they are using. The local server has to maintain and to support costs. But in the cloud, they do not require purchasing expensive systems or equipment.
2. Scalability: Its most important benefit is flexible server resources. Anyone can increase or decrease sources. It reduces workload so that everyone can concentrate on meeting the business need.
3. Improve storage: Cloud providers offer high-security data storage. Anyone can expand or shrink the warehouse as they need. It is an excellent option for seasonal or periodic businesses.
4. Disaster recovery: Cloud has backup and recovery systems. It saves a lot of time and investment. It is the best solution for small businesses.
5. Security: Unauthorized access, data stolen, hacking is very hard in a cloud system. So it provides high protection.
6. Fast set up: It takes only a few hours to migrate to clouds. With the help of the internet, it can be set up from a remote area.
7. Environment friendly: the cloud is environment friendly. Businesses can use this as an accrete sustainable solution.
8. Competition: Cloud makes business globally available. It helps to hire skilled persons, thus stay ahead of the game.